Emergency dentist appointments
Whether you are in pain because you have a broken or cracked a tooth, are in pain from a wisdom tooth or have toothache, we offer emergency apponitments Monday – Friday.
As a private practice we do not cover treatment on the NHS but are happy to see patients on a private basis. The cost of an emergency consultation is normally £ 59 plus x-rays (normally £ 14) and any treatment done at the time. (this will be discussed with you before treatment is started) Up to 15% discount is available for patients on our membership plans, feel free to ask for more information.
For an emergency appointment call
We are open:
- Monday: 8.30am – 7pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Thursday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 5pm
Out of Hours Emergency appointments (existing patients only)
Please call the number given on the voicemail and follow the instructions. Making sure to leave your name, number and reason for the emergency in order for the emergency service to contact you with where and when to go for your out of hours emergence appointment. Please note emergency appointments may not be held at Watercress Dental in Alton.
What causes toothache?
Toothache is usually caused by the inner part of the tooth (pulp) becoming inflamed. The inner pulp is made of sensitive nerves and blood vessels.
- Inflamed pulp can be the result of:
- Loose or broken fillings – exposing the sensitive areas of the tooth
- Tooth decay – holes or cavities in the hard outer surface of the tooth
- Broken tooth – leaving the sensitive inner area exposed
- Cracked tooth – cracks can be very small and not easily visible
- Abscess – a bacterial infection causing pus to gather at the end of the tooth often leading to a lump on the gum.
- Receding gums – Shrinking gums can sometimes expose the sensitive root areas of your tooth
- Wisdom tooth pain – Wisdom teeth coming through can be uncomfortable if coming through normally or can be painful if it is impacting other teeth.